Top- Name of magazine with their logo- you can use google images to get the logo, just make sure it's high resolution! Here is the link to the quick youtube clip on how to download high resolution images.
Names of articles within the magazine- make sure it stays within the style of the magazine.
Bar code on the bottom right or bottom left- don't make it TOO large or too small (can use google images for one- also make sure it's high resolution)
Make sure the style is similar to what you would find on the magazine- find some images of the covers to emulate what they do!
DO NOT use a magazine template you find on the web. They are poor resolution and the whole project's goal is for you to figure out how to recreate a magazine on your own with fonts, color, size etc.
You are welcome to change the background to something of your choice- another color, or pattern, or landscape etc- artist's choice. Just make sure you can read the headlines and it doesn't distract from the portrait!
Save a copy as a Photoshop file with all the layers onto your desktop as lastname-firstname-magazine.psd
AFTER you save a copy with all the layers on your desktop, merge the layers and save as
lastname-firstname-magazine.jpg and put in the 04-18-2017 Magazine folder.
Create a new blog post and name it "Magazine Cover."
Put your image as large as possible and answer the following questions, using academic language and in paragraph form. Your answer must be at least three paragraphs long and NOT 1. 2. 3.
1. Why did you choose the magazine that you did? What is it about it that you like?
2. What did you do to emulate the magazine cover style?
3. What was the font style that you used, and color? Why?
4. What was your set up? How did you create your photograph?
5. What specifically is a strobe light? Why and how would you use it?
6. What specifically is a modeling light? Why and how would you use it?
7. What specifically is a soft box? Why and how would you use it?
8. What specifically is a reflector? Why and how would you use it?
9. What specifically is a grey card? Why and how would you use it?
10. What specifically is a radio trigger system? Why and how would you use it?