Your ad must be vertical, 8-1/2" wide x 11" tall, 300 resolution
In Photoshop, go file > new > Preset will be US Paper. Name it your lastname-firstname-print-ad.
Choose a color to use as the background of your ad by going to clicking on the top left rectangle on the squares at the bottom of the tool bar. Then use the paint bucket tool to get the color on the background.
Include within your ad
1. Visual- your photo, completely in focus, with the label or tag with the name of the product easy to read.
2. Headline- something catchy that would appeal to the audience you're trying to sell the product to. State a claim about the item.
3. Body copy about the product in your own words, based on what you researched on block day. Reiterate the claim from the headline and give evidence to support it. How would you sell it? What would make YOU buy it versus it's competitor? What is the product's unique selling point? Write the copy in one- two paragraphs. You may use what was done before in their ads as a jumping off point, but it should in be your own words and your own idea. Make sure what you write corresponds with the image. There should be NO typos, and use proper grammar- I recommend typing it in Microsoft Word first. Check with me before finishing it up!
4. Company's Actual Logo- make sure it's high resolution from the internet and the actual logo- at the bottom, usually bottom right hand side
5. Tagline underneath the logo (use the company's, or if there is none, create your own- i.e. Nike, "just do it").
6. Information on where to find the product (such as their website).
*Make sure all the written information on the ad does not touch the edge of the advertisement- give at least a finger's width from the edges.
Make sure the visual is completely in focus, geared toward the audience you're trying to reach, and compelling enough to make someone want to buy the product!
You will be putting your ad up on the common drive as well as onto My Big Campus.
1. Research (20 points)
2. Visual (40 points)
3. Body copy (30 points)
4. Craftsmanship (10 points)