2. Create an album named 10.1.13 INVISIBLE and save a contact sheet as a pdf as lastname.firstname.invisiblecontactsheet in your finished projects folder. Then print out, 3 hole punch, and put in your notebook.
3. Once your contact sheet is done and printed, choose your best and clearest photos of two images, one with a person and one with a plain background within a setting.
4. FIRST download your background image (with no one in it) from iPhoto into Photoshop which will become the background layer.
5. Download your image with the person into Photoshop as a TOP layer.
6. Change the opacity in the layers tool bar to 60% and use the move tool to make sure the top layer is completely lined up with the background image. Change it back to 100% once it is.
7. Save your work at this point as a Photoshop file to lastname.firstname.invisible1 to your finished projects folder.
8. Use the ERASER tool to get rid of the skin. Use the [ tool to make the eraser tool smaller and the ] tool to make it bigger- or go to the top left side of Photoshop in the eraser menu to make it larger or smaller.
9. If the background is too light or dark, go to the appropriate layer and change the brightness or contrast by clicking on that layer, pressing IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST and changing it accordingly. You may also have to keep erasing.
10. If you need to copy a piece of clothing, press the CLONE tool in the tool bar. Select an area to clone by pressing the OPTION key + mouse click (the second one in from the bottom) and then "paint" the area using your mouse.
11. Save along the way. Since you are using the ERASE tool, you will be losing the top information and you can't get that back!
12. Once you are finished and happy with the illusion of invisible (I should not see any change in value between the top and back layer), save as a photoshop file again with the layers in your finished projects folder.
13. Once you save as a photoshop file with the layers, merge the layers by pressing LAYER> MERGE VISIBLE and be sure there is only one background layer in the tool bar. Save as a JPEG file as lastname.firstname.invisible1 in the finished projects folder.
14. Repeat steps 1-13 for two other of your best images to tell a story. Save the subsequent images as Photoshop (with layers) and JPEG (without layers) files as lastnamefirstname.invisible2 and last name.firstname.invisible3.
15. Once you are done, write a story of one- two pages of your invisible man/ headless man. It has to have at least four paragraphs with four sentences per paragraph and have a beginning, middle and end. It can be fiction or non fiction (political statement), artist choice. Make sure to touch upon the idea behind the series, or how the images relate to the story. You can write your rough drafts in either Microsoft word or google docs, whichever you are most comfortable with. Please use proper grammar, be careful of spelling and use complete sentences.
16. When you are done writing the story, put your three invisible images in JPEG format and story on My Big Campus.