Youtube video on creating the project
1. Upload your images into iPhoto. Command + click to select just the ones you want.
2. Choose the best photograph of each letter- make sure it's in focus- and use the editing function in iPhoto.
a. Change the photo to black and white
b. Adjust the brightness and contrast as needed- try to get all the letters similar brightness and contrast.
c. Crop to the letter so there's no extraneous things outside of the letter- i.e. someone standing in the distance.
3. Go to your period number 231-Common folder. Open up your specific number needed and save it as your name immediately. It will be called "Name-4-photo-template.psd or 5 photo template etc. Make sure to rename it to lastname-firstname-nameproject.psd on your desktop so that other people can use it!
4. Use the move tool to move the first cropped and desaturated letter from the iPhoto thumbnail to make a new layer. Adjust as needed. CHECK when done. Try to make all the letters the same height and width by using the guides as needed (which is by the rulers).
5. Open up the second letter in Photoshop. Do the same as the above until you are done bringing over letters.
6. If you need to change the size of any of the letters, you may use the “transform” key. Use the pull down menu under “edit” and then go to “transform” then “scale”. You need to change the size to fit in the appropriate box, then apply it by clicking on the check key to commit.
7. Note that if you want to make changes to any of the individual letters, you need to select the correct layer in order to be able to make them!
8. Keep saving your work as a Photoshop file (the name.psd) - once it’s saved as a jpeg, you can’t work with it again because it will merge the layers and you won’t be able to work on it further!
9. Save your work as a Photoshop file by going Save as > Lastname-firstname-nameproject.psd and save it within your FINISHED PROJECTS folder within your personal student folder. If you can't get to your folder from the Save as field, save to your desktop and drag it into it.
10. AFTER you have saved your work as a Photoshop file, merge all layers using Layer> merge visible. Save as a jpeg titling it as your lastname-firstname-nameproject.jpg and keep it in your finished project folder on your desktop.
11. Save your work as lastname-firstname-nameproject.jpg in
RBV-Class1 > 231Common> Period # > 01-26-2017 Name Project.
12. Create a new blog post called "Name Project"
13. Under description write a self reflection using complete sentences, in paragraph form, and not cut and paste from the instructions. Answer the following in six or more sentences:
1. What steps you did in Photoshop to create your project- be clear and concise and don't copy/paste from this website/ use your own words!
2. What steps were you unclear on and struggled with (both in taking photos and in Photoshop)
3. What steps you were proud of figuring out
4. What you like best about your artwork
5. What you think you could have improved about your artwork