- Each artwork has to incorporate floating or invisibility
- Each artwork has to incorporate some filters from Photoshop
- Each artwork has to incorporate at least five elements that you have collaged into the photograph
- The artwork has to work together/ have a common thread
- The story has to work together/ have a common thread
Each person is still responsible to create two artworks with their own photography.
Use photoshop tutorials online to try something new!!
Directions on how to float/ be invisible
1. Open your background image first in Photoshop by dragging the thumbnail on the icon for Photoshop. Make sure it's focused!
2. Open up your image with the person in it into Photoshop.
3. Use your move tool to drag the image with the person on it onto the background image. Change the opacity to 75% so that you can make sure it's even.
4. Press the layer mask tool (it's the rectangle icon with the circle in it) to create a layer mask on the floating image.
5. Use the paint brush tool and black paint to mask out the stool where the person is floating or if invisible, the legs, arms and face. If you mess up, just change to the white paint to get what you need back.
6. If the background is way too bright you can adjust the image brightness/ contrast or use the layer mask more to get the illusion.
7. Save your work with the layers intact on your desktop.
8. Merge the layers by going to layers- merge visible and save as a jpg to hand in.
ALWAYS save your work as a Photoshop file before merging just in case you need to do further work on it.
Save your work as lastname-firstname-levitation1.psd with all the layers NOT merged so that you can make changes later if needed- for yourself in your finished projects folder
Merge the layers and save the work as lastname-firstname-levitation1.jpg for yourself and to turn in
Turn your finished artwork and writing within the shared folder 02-08-2018 Levitation.
Create a group padlet "Levitation" that you will be presenting from and have the artwork and writing on- add group members by going to modify- privacy- add people by email- submit.
Add your group padlet to your class one. The title should be your story name and the description will be the group member names.
Graded out of 20 points:
4 points: Time on task, good citizenship, worked well with partner
4 points: Story made sense, all photographs relate to one another, amazing presentation
4 points: Story- must relate to photograph, grammatically correct, great padlet
4 points: Photographs- must all be in focus, well composed & thought out, at least four photos in your finished piece
4 points: Photoshop work- good craftsmanship, good illusion of float/ invisible, all photos manipulated using layer masks.
2016 photos here
2015 photos here
Great story here