2017 Call For Entries
MOPA is looking for students who creatively interpret the theme "boundaries" in photography or video for the 12th Annual Juried Youth Exhibition!
Submission Requirements:One entry per student artist
Students in K-12 (ages 4-18)
Residents of San Diego County & Tijuana
Photographic arts: digital photo, film photo, video, collage, mixed media, polaroid, etc.
Parent Authorization Form
For complete requirements list and answers to frequently asked questions, visit the submission website.
Submit Online! MOPAyx2017.artcall.org
_ __ _ _ _
MOPA encourages you to be creative with your interpretation of the theme! What do you think of when you hear the word "boundaries?" What might you photograph to show your thoughts and ideas?
Some ideas for interpreting the theme include:
- Physical boundaries: Where do you see physical boundaries in your school, home, neighborhood, or the world? What physical barriers prevent you from doing something?
- Social, Emotional, & Mental Boundaries: How is your community divided socially? What boundaries do you draw for yourself in relation to other people? What are your limits? What boundaries have prevented you from moving forward? What boundaries have inspired you to break through?
- Breaking Boundaries: How can boundaries be broken? If you could change any rule at school or in your community, what would you change? How can you create a photograph that breaks the boundaries of traditional photography?
- Boundaries between real & imaginary: What is real? What is imaginary? How can you use a photograph to blur the lines between the two worlds?
- Boundaries between past & present: Does your past (or your family's past) have an influence on your present? Where do the past and present divide? Where do the past and present combine?