For this project, you and a partner are working together to research one of the photographers as assigned, who are considered the best in the industry, both past and present. You are to then create a power point about them to share with your classmates and create three photographic works of art in their style.
The power point must include the following information:
1. Artist name, date and place of birth and/or death, as well as a photograph of them.
2. What type of photography did they do- commercial, fine art, documentary, war photography?
3. What they are best known for, characteristics of their work…what made them unique?
4. Five to six images of their work, with the title and date. Try and get as high resolution images as possible, and be sure it is definitely by that artist and not “in the style of”. Have each photograph on it's own slide.
5. Your personal opinion of the artist. What is it that you like about their style?
6. Choose one of their best known artworks and recreate it to the best of your ability with your teammate- think of the lighting, composition, style, subject matter. Do two other photographs “in the style of” that artist, making sure you each have done a photograph- one photo per slide and explain how it is in the style.
7. Information must be in your own words- no copying and pasting from websites!
8. All sources must be listed on the last page.
The artists are:
Desk 1&2: Annie Leibovitz
Desk 3&4: Sandy Skoglund
Desk 5&6: Ansel Adams
Desk 7&8: Trey Ratcliff
Desks 9&10: Mary Ellen Mark
Desks 11&12: Steve McCurry
Desks 13 & 14: Robert Capa
Desks 15&16: Diane Arbus
Desks 17 &18: Edward Weston
Desks 19&20: Henry Cartier-Bresson
Desks 21&22: Joel Meyerowitz
Desks 23 & 24: Josef Koudelka
These websites are useful for information:
www.masters-of-photography.com, www.google.com, www.all-art.org, www.masters-of-photography.com,www.artcyclopedia.com, and sometimes there may be a website (or more) devoted to that person’s work.
You will be graded on:
Accuracy of the information (20 points)
Readability- comprehension (15 points)
Presentation of your power point (15 points)
Originality (10 points)
Your Images (30 points)
Time on Task and Teamwork (10 points)
- Since you are working as a team, it is important that you are both actively involved in doing a great job!