You and your partner are going to work together to shoot the Elements and Principles of Art around campus. You will split up the E&P where you each will be taking seven of the E&Ps. Have a couple different options for each E&P and take THREE photos of the E&P you are doing, varying the positions- worms eye view, kneeling down, and at eye level. Make sure there is a variety of places you are taking the photos- the campus is your canvas!
Aperture Priority, F8
ISO 400= if you go inside, change to 1600 and then if go outside again, 400
Shoot the following:
Line, color, shape, form, balance, proportion, rhythm
Shoot the following:
Texture, space, value, emphasis, harmony, variety and unity.
Use your notes/ presentation on Moncurephoto.com or go online to help with identifying what each element/ principle is.
1. Download your photos into the Mac’s Photo application
2. Create a new folder on your desktop called “Elements and Principles”
3. Dragging that folder into your Google drive in the “Photos” folder as backup
4. Do any editing of your choice of the best photo of each element/principle you were assigned. Artist's choice on editing, can be black and white, very colorful, etc. Please be sure all the horizons are straight by going to the "crop" tool in Photos and straightening it out.
5. Rename each edited one as lastname-firstname-whattheelementorprincipleis.jpg
such as Moncure-Kelly-Line.jpg, Moncure-Kelly-Space.jpg etc etc.
6. Drag your renamed photos into the shared drive-
09-21-2017 Elements and Principles folder
(*if you can't get to the shared folder, click on the desktop and make sure "finder" is on the top left of computer.
Click "Connect to server."
Type exactly smb://rbv-class1
7. Create a Padlet with your partner (one will start a Padlet in Grid pattern and share it with the other partner by pressing share- add contributors and type partner's email)
8. Title your Padlet as "Elements and Principles of Art"
9. Under Padlet's description, write both of your first and last names.
8. Your padlet will have one best example of each element and principle along with the technical information (what the aperture, shutter speed and ISO is) and a sentence or two describing why the photograph is that element or principle. The title for each will be what the element or principle is.
9. Share your padlet to this main padlet according to your period number.
Under "Title" put your names and under "description" put "Elements and Principles of Art."
Period 1 https://padlet.com/kclarkart/9lelku2hatmc
Period 2 https://padlet.com/kclarkart/2z1l7wjm8r9l
Period 4 https://padlet.com/kclarkart/1s8iu4uo0r7p
Period 5 https://padlet.com/kclarkart/mvkbgwkbbwgq
Period 6 https://padlet.com/kclarkart/nbf3rmhiq75i