- Open up your photograph in Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to layer- duplicate layer. Make sure that the layer on top is the same photo as the one on bottom and not blank.
- Go to image > adjustments >black and white on the TOP layer. This will turn the layer black and white.
- Use the ERASER tool on the toolbar to erase the area that you want to be red.
- To make the brush larger use the left bracket tool ] (under the delete button) and smaller use the right bracket [ tool.
- If you mess up at any time, go to edit- step backwards to the last step- you may have to do it a few times.
- If you need to see the image larger and do it more precisely, press Command +
- If you need to make the image more vibrant red, click on the bottom layer and go to edit- adjustments- color balance. Slide the scale more to “red” to where you would like it.
- Once you are done, save your work as a photoshop file as lastname-firstname-red-ribbon.psd with BOTH layers for your desktop (so you can go back and change it if needed.)
- AFTER you save the image as a PSD file, go to layer- merge layers.
- Save as lastname-firstname-redribbon.jpg
- Do a write up in Microsoft word where you explain what your artwork is about in two or more paragraphs- explaining what your concept was, and why saying "no to drugs" is important. Save as lastname-firstname-respect-writeup
- Put your image and write up in the classroom folder 10-6-2016 Red Ribbon
- Put your image and writeup in the class padlet
- Period 1: https://padlet.com/kclarkart/redribbon1
- Period 2: https://padlet.com/kclarkart/jl76nl21pezj
- Period 4: https://padlet.com/kclarkart/u6vv27re3m1z
- Period 5: https://padlet.com/kclarkart/9j4d4a1ijiiu
- Period 6: https://padlet.com/kclarkart/5ny65tp3vgli
How to make your photograph black and white with red in Adobe Photoshop- video tutorial